Saturday, May 15, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

Mother's Day didn't start off the greatest for me this year. I woke up with a TERRIBLE migraine and was in serious pain! The kids came in the room to give me a card and the presents that they picked out all by them selves. :) They gave me a kiss and then let me lay down for a bit to try and kick the pain. I took some meds and Dustin took the kids to Church while I stayed home and tried to pull it together. :)

The kids looked so cute that I had to have Dustin get a few shots of them.

The flowers that the kids picked out for me!Chloe modeling her dress that Jen got her when she was here visiting :)My new favorite picture!
The night before we started things off right with a yummy BBQ, thanks hun!

We went to my mom's grave site to visit. I was a bit emotional this year, but the kids helped me with that. We tried to explain things to them, but they just kept yelling at the wall "Are you in there Grandma? I can't hear you." It was really a funny site and I was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes.

We got an awesome cake from our friend Mario so we brought it over to Mammy's to share! Yummy!

It was a great Mother's Day and I am truly blessed to be a mom, especially to these two little love bugs!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

That is such a funny story Michelle. Priceless!

PS-Did you ever get your blog printed?

Jennifer said...

Oh Michelle...the pictures of the kids talking to your mom...and trying to hear her are so sweet. You know, she probably had the same reaction as you...laughing through her tears.

Love ya!

Jennifer said...

P.S.
The roses at your house are beautiful!

Monty and Kristin said...

I agree with Jennifer!

You sure do have some cute kids! You r so lucky to have them and they r lucky to have u. love all the pics.

Veronica Peterson said...

Cute pictures of the kids!! Your roses are big and beautiful Michelle.

Anonymous said...

I'm here!!! See I still love you!!!!!! Chloe looks so cute in her dress. You are an amazing mother and wife Michelle. Your mom would be so proud of you.