Tuesday, March 16, 2010

my birthday

So it's been a little over a week now since I turned a year older and hopefully wiser. I had a great weekend and birthday and felt very loved.

Saturday we wanted to go out and do something, but weren't quite sure what since it was raining off and on. We decided to head to L.A. and go to the La Brea Tar Pits with the kiddos. It was fun, but I think the kids enjoyed running around outside a bit more.

Christian told daddy he wanted his picture taken in front of the two cats "hugging." :)
After the tar pits we decided to drive over to the L.A. Temple (where we were married)and walk around the grounds. We don't get down to this area very often so we decided to take advantage of it while we were here. Chloe really loved it and kept saying that this is where mommy was a princess and daddy was a king. I love how little ones see things. She says the same thing when she looks at our wedding pictures. :)

Christian was quite the photographer this day.
Monday Marci was nice enough to watch the kids for us so we could enjoy some "adult time." We went to the movies, saw Dear John, went to lunch at the Olive Garden and ate way too much, then went and did a little shopping. We got home just in time to catch the delivery man who was dropping off some yummy treats sent from my best friend Jen.Then we all enjoyed some yummy cake to celebrate me getting old.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Love that Temple...and that tree in those last pictures! I remember sitting there too! It is seriously making me teary eyes seeing that tree....how silly is that?

The tar pits look fun! Can you believe that in all my years living in So.Ca, I have never been there!? My school stopped doing filed trips and so I got ripped off.

Your cheese cake....YUM!!!! Aren't birthday's fun! Seriously....It is great to get spoiled for a day!

Monty and Kristin said...

You did look like a Princess that day--and everyday!:) Glad you had a fun weekend. Those strawberries look so good. Tell Jen my birthday is in MAY!:)

I've never been to the Tar pits either! We'll have to take the boys one day.

Veronica Peterson said...

What a great birthday celebration!! I want to take a bit out of those strawberries :)

Mammy said...

What a great bunch of pictures. The giant sloth looked so cool carrying Christian. It just looked like everyone was having such a great time! CUTE KIDS. Happy birthday!