Friday, July 1, 2011

some projects

We have needed a new dining table for a while now. We had a chair or two break and really it was never loved. :(  It was given to us when we were first married and you just can;t beat that deal. I hadn't found anything that I just loved and wanted to spend much money on seeing how the kids still aren't kind to our things.

So I saw that a while back a friend of mine redid a chest with spray paint and I loved it. So I was gonna try it! I got the details from her and was off to Home Depot. The kids were in for the fun, but Dustin, not so much. No worries though I really didn't push him. This was my project and I really was looking forward to it. The kids did love helping also.

I forgot to get before pictures, but just imagine the standard brown wood table and chairs. I have 2 mis-match chairs that I found at a new favorite thrift store that we added. Cool thing is they also double as photography props!! ;)


I also got some new curtains....and LOVE them!


 I also painted the chalk board...
and found this at the thrift store. A little paint and now Christian has somewhere to hang his backpack.
I am slowly making a few changes around the house to make it feel more like "a home." I think that when a lot of us get married we buy the things the we see in the store and everyone else has and get those same things because that's the easy and sometimes cheaper way for newly weds. As we get older we learn our style and who we are and can express that in our home. That's where I am...I'm older!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

PS- Time for a new header picture :) Poor Christian.

Jennifer said...

I love this! SO cute! I should have done that! I just got a new set yesterday that I ordered 10 weeks ago and I am not in love with it at all. Not what I thought the picture looked like. :( Not sure what I am going to do...but I already gave my old stuff away.

Monty and Kristin said...

Love you new updates. Good for you! Fun projects. I love the pop of color the blue adds.