Saturday, July 30, 2011

4th of July

Behind again I know!!!  I have been taking it easy and just enjoying the summer break with the kids so that means less time on the computer as well. :)

For the 4th of July we decided last minute, I mean real last minute to go to La Selva Beach. We realized that mom, dad,  Mia and Emma were up there and we had remembered how much fun they had all had the year before. This was Saturday afternoon, by early Sunday afternoon we were on our way. We would have left earlier, but Dustin had to teach at Church Sunday morning and Chloe also had her first Church talk as well. Then we came home LATE Monday night.

Chloe's first talk at Church. She did so good and spoke so loud and clear. She was proud and excited. She had been telling us that she wasn't going to prepare, but just talk. Umm, I don't think so honey! ;) She was awesome and brought tears to my eyes.
Ryan called us Sunday morning and said the he and Leilani were up for an adventure also, so we picked them up on the way. The kids sure enjoyed each other.
We had so much fun in La Selva and sure packed in a lot of things. We plan on going back next year now that we know what we have been missing, but spending a bit more time will be a sure thing.


The kids enjoyed some face painting.










Waiting for the parade to start.



Dustin and Ryan helped out in the sand castle event. Their team took 3rd!


3 comments:

Michelle said...

Don't you just love watching all of the kids play together? That is always my favorite part of get togethers, especially when it doesn't happen often.

Jennifer said...

that is a cool "sand castle"

happy 8th anniversary by the way! our 11th is this thursday. we got no plans. well...in sept. we are taking a trip...but no plans til then.

I love Phantom BTW...people around me probably don't love to hear to try to sing along...but oh well. :)

Monty and Kristin said...

I am so proud of Chloe! I wish I could have seen that! So sweet. glad you were able to go to La Selva. Man...what a treat! Looks so fun.