Wednesday, July 1, 2009

pressing forward

That's my take on this photography love of mine. I'm not going to let negative Nelly's and my own fears and doubts hold me back anymore. The past few weeks I have really been brainstorming and focusing on some different approaches to the business. I have set the ball in motion so lets just hope that it picks up speed. :)

I feel like I have a pretty good feel for my camera now as well as some of the more technical aspects like lighting and needing to be creative and things like that. Although I still need a ton of work there too. :) So my next focus is going to be on editing. I have SO much to learn. The goal in fact is to get a great picture in the first place and do minimal editing, this I know, but I still have so much to learn in this area.

I feel as if I just do so the very basics. Sharpen the image up a bit, fix the blemishes, saturate the color, soften the skin and those type of things. There is just so many more possibilities...so this is what I want to explore. :) So I'm reading books, hoping to take some more workshops and even use my BIL Ryan who has mass photo shop knowledge that I can tap into. :) I want to make those images POP without looking too fake.

So that's what's been on my mind a bit lately. Wish me luck..I sure need it!!

And just for fun here are some pictures...

the original
after some minor details :)the originalafter a little bit of this and that

8 comments:

Veronica Peterson said...

Good luck with your pressing forward goals. Hey M none of your pictures look fake:)

Anonymous said...

that's awesome girl...i'm so proud of you!!! take that gift and run with it hun!!!

Letti said...

Good job. This is something that I would love to learn more of.

Harshes said...

Awesome goals Michelle! You look great too and I have that same shirt! :-)

Michelle said...

Thanks guys...you're great!!

January- got to love Old Navy!

Anonymous said...

Michelle - I think you're a great photographer...keep up the good work!

Jennifer said...

I know what you mean about wanting to enhance the image without making it look fake...
....I have similar feelings about wanting to make a shot look natural and not posed....

You're doing great and I admire your drive to develop your talent!

The Rich's said...

go get 'em girl! you are good with your camera, just don't think too much...you do a great job!! and BTW i LOVE your haircut in this pic...