Friday, April 16, 2010

the ugly truth ( keeping it real)

We all get in a funk, a rut, a little depressed, PMS (men too)or what ever you want to call it. It's life and we all go through it at different points. So maybe I'm in one and that's why I feel like having an honest minute. Actually, I was going to have a different one, but then saw a post by a friend and decided to save my original for another time, maybe next week.

Here's the truth...I'M NOT PERFECT!! Hard to imagine, I know!! The point of this is that I think that most of us are too hard on ourselves and compare too much or imagine a fairy-tale dream land. It's so easy to get caught up in things that we "think" are real. So called "reality" shows that are completely edited, blogs, chat rooms,office relationships, and even some friendships. These are things that we only spend a certain amount of time with maybe each day and only get to see what they want us too. And really, it's only going to be the good. Anyone can do this and make themselves look like a saint!! If you were to factor in all the realities of "real" life, it may not seem as appealing, well I guarantee it. Anyone can edit themselves to look awesome and seem awesome!

My point is to just be happy with you! I know it's easier said than done, trust me I know. But to compare yourself and aspects of your life to someone/something that could be as fake as most Hollywood is, just isn't worth the effort. Stop focusing on what you aren't and focus on who YOU are.

We don't know what goes on behind closed doors and that's just the ugly truth!!

4 comments:

The Windhorst Boys said...

Well said. Not sure why we put so much preasure on ourselves to be perfect - what is that all about? Going to spend the rest of the week focusing on who I am not on what I am not.
Smiles

Monty and Kristin said...

So true! Well said!! Amen!! Well said TANA!! All I know is that I think YOU are pretty awesome and I love you Michelle!!

Anonymous said...

Great post mama and you are right...we dont really know what people are going through. Love you sister!!!

The Gurganious Family said...

WELL SAID!!