Sunday, December 19, 2010

family vacation- day 4 {part 4}

On day 4 we hung out close to Grandma Carole's. We went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. We try to do this each visit, but last last two times our timing has been off and it's been a little busier than we like. Always fun though!!
The flamingos were a new exhibit and the kids also enjoy looking at them.We saw this and thought of dad.
We stopped in Pacific grove to eat our lunch, sandwiches from El Patio (Dustin's Aunt & Uncles shop) of course. Pacific Grove is one of my favorite places and I tell Dustin every time we visit that I will live there someday. It's so beautiful and the town still has that "small town feel and charm."Christian tossing rocks over the cliff.This bird was CRAZY! It sat on our hood starring at us eat. Really, I was scared!We played on the rocks. This was fun because Dustin used to do this as a kid. The boys explored.Christian needed a pit stop so him and daddy ran across the street.So I snapped a picture of this cutie enjoying the cool breeze.We drove around and saw a few more sights. We drove through Carmel Valley, but didn't stop because it was just a little too crowded for us. Maybe next time we will try it again. Then it was back to Grandma Carole's to enjoy dinner with her.

2 comments:

Veronica Peterson said...

Yay!! For getting to hear all about your vacation. Love all the pictures:)

Monty and Kristin said...

So, flamingos...wow, that is new! So is the COW?! Love those rocks. I must admit when I saw your flip flops I got a little jealous!:) Glad you got to go on vacation. We all need those. I love Mike and Diane's sandwiches! Aren't they the best!!