Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day weekend

It was a pretty quiet event this year and it was perfect. On Saturday night I had a wedding to shoot and Dustin came with me to help me second shoot. For those of you who don't know, he is pretty good with a camera! :) Andy and Nikki babysat for us so it was nice to not have to wonder how the kids were doing. It was a fun night, but we came home exhausted and pretty much just fell into bed!

Sunday morning I opted out of breakfast in bed so that I could sleep in a bit. And besides, I'm not a big breakfast person. Dustin and the kids got me a camera that I can fit in my purse. Yea!! I love me other cameras, but I don't always want or need such a big one to carry around. I think this will be great!



Sunday afternoon we went to visit my mom's grave site. For those of you who may not know, I lost my mom when I was 17 to cancer. I am usually pretty good with this time of year, but yesterday was hard for me. I had a very rough day. I had so many emotions flowing and I'm not sure exactly what triggered them. I think maybe the wedding the night before because it was very emotional at some points. Christian was funny though and helped me to laugh. I told him we were going to visit Grandma and so when we got there he kept asking "is that Grandma?" He will get it someday!! :) Then we just enjoyed a lazy Sunday at home...it was nice.

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

LOVE your cute new camera!

Can't wait to see pictures of your wedding!...well...the one you shot!

Sorry things went kindda rough for you yesterday...but I am glad Christian made you laugh!

Love ya!

Letti said...

I am sorry that you had a sad day yesterday. I missed you saturday at the program but I was able to see the rest of your family. I love your new camera. I have one in my purse too because I don't want to always have to haul the big one around.

The Jones Family said...

That sounds so nice! I might need to talk to you soon; I need to talk to someone that has been through that at such a young age.

Mammy said...

Happy Mother's Day, Michelle. Your mother is so proud of you right now. Remember that! Maybe she has a sweet guardian angel job for you or one of your kids. That's what I would want to do if I were on the other side of the veil. I hope you feel her close to you sometimes.
Love, Mom

Monty and Kristin said...

I can only imagine how hard mothers day must be with your mom gone. I bet she is with you more than you realize and just think...because of you she's been able to accept the gospel. You gave her the greatest gift any daughter could give her mother.

Love your new camera and wow...Christian looks so much like Dustin in that last picture! Crazy!
Love ya!

Harshes said...

What a great little camera. I'm glad you got to spend the day with your adorable family.

And ((((hugs)))) about your mom. That is hard. Brandon lost his mom 8 years ago and I haven't spoken to mine in 5 and 1/2. Kinda weird on mother's day. It is wonderful that we get to celebrate with our sweet little ones though.

celestino said...

Hey girl, I am over here tearing up right now and I hope that you had a good mother's day at the end of the day. Miss you