Tuesday, May 26, 2009

our Memorial weekend

We decided to head up the coast this past weekend to La Selva beach/Monterey. We have been wanting to for a while and with a three day weekend it was the perfect time. We visited with Grandma Carole, played in the sand, ate too much, went to the aquarium/Cannery Row and just enjoyed the view (really). We even were able to attend the affirmation of Dustin's cousin Tana's little boy Prescott. We didn't get to stay long though because Chloe actually got sick on the trip and didn't want to sit through the service. The trip was great! The weather was a little cooler than we expected at times, but still beautiful. You won't hear us complain about the cool when we have the summers that we do here at home. :) Christian then got sick on the way home and is still recovering, but at least he got to enjoy the trip. It was a great little get away and we loved it!

We stopped to see the Elephant seals on the way up the coast.This guy had us laughing SO hard that we had to take a picture of him. Poor guy would stand up and click away at every turn and his driver just wouldn't stop.The Monterey Bay AquariumEven on vacation I don't get a break. :)Christian loved the Star fish.We had some fun on Cannery Row.
Christian enjoyed some NOT so hot chocolate.Dustin enjoyed a yummy crepe.And Christian enjoyed the train cars that we found.We hit the beach.Christian was SO excited to make his first sand castle. He talked about it the entire way there. :)Chloe was not so much a fan of the beach. It was cold and windy though so I can't really blame her.We had fun visiting with Grandma Carole.All tuckered out!We came home to an already made meal for us to eat. Lasagna, bread, salad and fresh baked brownies. Our friend who was house/dog sitting for us and her mom left us a great surprise. Thanks Boyd family!!

8 comments:

Letti said...

HOw fun. I have so many memories of going up the coast when I was younger. I remember those ugly seals. I hope the kids feel better soon.

lynda said...

That sounds like a perfect little getaway weekend for you guys! I love the Monterey Bay Aquarium. I need to take my kids there. But, it would be more than a quick weekend trip for us.

Michelle said...

That was so sweet of your friends...gotta love good friends!

Ryan and Lizeth said...

Wow!! Looks like it was a super fun trip. Grandma looks great.You have me craving a trip up there now. I'm glad it was so much fun for you. Welcome back.

Anonymous said...

It looks like you guys had a great trip. Thats funny about you taking pictures for people even on your vacation.

Miss you tons!!!! I'll call soon so we can catch up. Love ya!!!

-jen

Jennifer said...

Ahhh...I loved watching Christian race the waves! :) He's "faster than the sea!"

What a great trip you guys took! I am ready to pack my kiddos up and head for the coast!

Mammy said...

What a great trip. It looked perfect except for the picture of Chloes at the beach. She sure didn't feel good. . .
But Christian looks like he LOVES it! I'll be happy when Grandma Carole sees this. She was sad that the weather was so cool. She thought you wouldn't like that. She's just never lived down here!
I love you. You make us excited to get up there again.

Olson Family said...

What fun photos...and I LOVE that video of christian! It's great that you're in so many photos too michelle~I always forget to have Jeremy take pictures with me in them!! hehe