Saturday, November 22, 2008

date night

Friday Dustin and I had a long needed date night, just the two of us. My sis in law Kristin had offered to babysit the kids if we wanted to go out and there was no way I was going to turn that offer down. So we decided to head over to Victoria Gardens and see what looked fun. I think we picked the wrong night because on top of being a Friday night it was also the night of the Christmas tree lighting. Crowded!! We are not the biggest fans of crowds, but we actually had a great time and the tree was beautiful.

We decided to eat at a restaurant that neither of us had been to before, the Yardhouse. I had heard of it, but had never thought of going there before. We were so glad that we had decided to wait over an hour for our table. The food was amazing! No joke!! And I tried my first lettuce wraps and was very pleasantly surprised. The place is very loud so it will also be ok to take the kids in the future. :)

We came home to a sleeping little girl and an Auntie trying her best to put a little boy to sleep. He sure had a great time with his cousins and the next day was looking for "the kids." :) Thanks again Kristin for watching the kiddos...we appreciate it bunches..you're the best!!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Can you send Kristen over to the East Coast? She might like it. The snow is coming :)

Monty and Kristin said...

Glad you had a nice night. We all need to get out and enjoy our spouses once in a while! Glad the food was yummy. The boys loved it too!! It was fun to spend some time with my niece and nephew!! I want them to know me!:)

Jennifer said...

That's so fun that you got to go on a date! And I totally agree that Kristin is awesome! :) You're so lucky to get to be her sister in law!

Aren't lettuce wraps good!? The first time I ate them I wasn't so sure if I liked them or not...but now I think they are YUMMY! P.F. Changs has some good ones and so does the Cheesecake Factory!

Anonymous said...

Date nights are so fun....we've have them every now and then...but I'm afraid with the little man coming...they will be few and far between for a while. :0)

Harshes said...

Hey Michelle! I haven't been on here forever! Glad things are going well. Date nights are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!