Friday, August 7, 2009

Christian cracking me up

So yesterday Christian said two of the funniest things, well I was laughing anyways.

First, while I was editing pictures he walked in and the conversation that followed went something like this.

C- What are you doing?
M- Just fixing some pictures.
C- Oh, is Becca coming over?
M- No, I'm just fixing her pictures for her.
C- Oh (pause)...She's cute!

I then just burst into laughter and said to him "yes, she is." He then went on about his playing, but throughout the rest of the day kept asking if Becca was coming over to play with them and even Chloe was asking. You see, Rebecca is one of our favorite people and is nice enough to babysit for us when she is home on break from BYU. I'm so glad that she has made such an impression on the kids and that they love having her over.

This is the picture that I was working on at the time.

Just a short while later he spotted a dead fly and yelled to Chloe that there was a bug. He then said, in a very excited voice, that he had to tell Tyler, Kyle, Kory, Chase and even Trey about this find. Yes, he really did name ALL his boy cousins. He then ran and got a cup and put it over the fly. He then started yelling "die, die" at it and soon Chloe was yelling with him. I was laughing again! This all started in Utah last week when all the boys were catching bugs for what seemed like hours. Christan had so much fun with them and I love seeing him bonding with the boys since it seemed to take him a while to warm up to playing with the bigger boys. You could never tell now by watching him that he ever had a shy moment with them. It warms my heart!!

So all of a sudden I have a not so little boy anymore. He's calling girls cute (even though he really has no idea what he said), is yelling "DIE" to poor insects and even wearing big boy unders all in a matter of a few days time. Where did the time go???

6 comments:

Greg and Shellie Lomenick said...

So he's cheating on Cambria??? I'M TELLING ON HIM! J/k We missed you at the primary activity today.

Monty and Kristin said...

So funny!! That's funny he got a cup to put the fly in!! Oh, and that girl is cute...I can see why he said that. I bet he does know what he's saying!! Cute stories!! Cute boy!!

Letti said...

Sounds like you have a ladies man on your hands...lol He is getting big just wait he will be starting school before you know it.

Anonymous said...

He makes me SOOO excited for what's to come with my little guy...wait...except the part of the eggs and slim fast on the floor, overflowing the toilet with toys, coloring on the walls...and all that boy stuff Christian has been so good at. Yay...he's wearing big boy unders!!!!! So is Juliette...except she is wearing big girl panties.

Jennifer said...

I don't know where the time went...but if you find it will you tell it that I want it to come back....for just a little longer!?

I love Christain and all his antics!

Michelle said...

Yay...Big boy undies...Are you Mom yet??? That's when it was over for me, when I went from Mommy to Mom. IT was way too early esp. with Jacob because he had Joshua as an example who of course went from 4 to 14 to catch up with Jeffrey.