Sunday, August 16, 2009

more about our Utah trip

Although our trip to Utah was not the happiest of circumstances, we still had a ton of good times. One thing about Dustin and I is that we truly have fun and enjoy hanging out together and with the kiddos too (well most of the time). :)

We had a great time visiting with family that we don't get to see often enough. I am so bummed because we talked about getting a family picture and then I totally forgot. We also took a little extra time on the way up and back home again to see some sites, well mostly St. George and Vegas. :)

We drove the strip on our way to UtahBy the time we got to Utah Chloe was D-O-N-E!! (not sure why the camera flipped the pics)The kids had a blast playing at Grandma Peterson's.
Christian, Chloe, Chase & SavyPlaying train with the rake.Chloe and Brooklyn.And this was the highlight of the trip, for Chloe anyways. Feeding the cow apples. She still talks about it every night at bedtime. The kids (the little ones mostly) fed this cow so many apples I'm sure it was sick for days.
On the way home we decided to stay the night in Vegas. By the time we got there we were all wiped out and took a good nap.
Christian is into pirates right now so we decided to take the kids to the pirate show at Treasure Island. What a joke!! Not appropriate for kids at all and we were so packed in there that we had no choice but to stay. Lesson learned!We visited the discount Disney store and the kids were pretty happy with their findings.The view of the Stratosphere hotel from out our sunroof.Had to get a picture of this. Dustin was amazed I got it because I was laughing so hard.Vegas baby!!!We went to see the Las Vegas temple.Me getting a picture of Dustin taking a picture. :)And this is for all you fellow Twilighters. Look what just happened to be across the street from the temple.
On our way to Utah we hit a pretty crazy storm. It left the sky so beautiful though and so we decided to go check out the temple in St. George at night since we were staying the night there anyways. It was just so beautiful that I just had to show that I really didn't edit this image hardly at all for my photography blog.

Before:

After:

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love that the kids played "train" with the rake! My kids have been using mops and brooms as "horseys"...and when I am in a nice mood, I will give in and sing them a "cowboy song" (somthing dumb and made up) while they gallop around the house! Kids....they have the BEST imaginations EVER! If they had the ablility to be writers....just think of the stories they'd tell!

Thanks for taking a picture of me in my pink wig. Pretty good disguise I had huh? :)

Monty and Kristin said...

We just went to Vegas this weekend for Julie's blessing. We decided ot take a drive down the strip thinking it would be safer for the kids. Man were we wrong. I'll tell you about it one day! Anyway, live and learn. Love your pictures and glad your family was able to make a trip out of the whole Utah thing. Looks like you had fun. Love the storm picture.

Greg and Shellie Lomenick said...

That cow sure looked full on apples. Did you see how huge it was?

Dustin's dad looks just like his gpa.