Monday, March 2, 2009

OUR family photo shoot

So, on Friday we went out and attempted to get some pictures of our own family. And I do say attempted. OK, we did get some good shots, but I must admit that the disappointment is my own fault. You see, I already had the idea in my head of the images I wanted so when it didn't happen I was a bit upset. Looking back now it's no big deal, but at the time I was fuming.

Christian wanted nothing do to with the camera at all. If I wouldn't let him hold his bib or this stick that he found then he was crying. And Chloe, well she wouldn't sit still long enough to even get a shot. She wouldn't even look up long enough to attempt a shot and then there was her hair. Oh, the craziness. The girl just wouldn't leave anything in her hair at all...what's new!

So here are a few of our favorites from the day and I will put a few more on the photography blog.

This is Dustin's favorite picture of Chloe. He just loves her signature curl in the face.I just love how the light hits Chloe in this one

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

I LOVE that one with the light hitting chloe too! You did great!

Harshes said...

These are so cute! I love them. I would have never noticed there was a bib in his hand in your family pic if you didn't say anything!

Who took these? Did you?

Michelle said...

January...yes, I did take them. For the family one we just used the auto pilot and hoped for the best. LOL

Harshes said...

They turned out darn good you doing your own family pics! Your rock~! Do you think it'd be just as frustrating if someone else was taking them? We wanna get some family pics done! I should get some maternity ones too! Fun! Too bad I don't live by you!

Letti said...

Good job. I love the railroad track picture. I should do one of those with my family.

Sallie said...

I think those are great and I think the stick is cute. When my daughter was little, she would always be holding a barbie or something. The studio would crop it so close that I would never have anything that great. But now, I cherish those pictures. Maybe you should trade with another local photographer or their apprentice to take the pictures so you have less stress.

Olson Family said...

What a cute lil family! The one of the 4 of you is really great! AND I love the one of Chloe walking down the tracks...man you have a gift Michelle!

Mammy said...

Michelle, you're a genius. I'm just glad I'm related to you, so I can get me one of those! Not only are the little ones beautiful, but the parents are gorgeous, too!
Mom

Unknown said...

You have a beautiful family . Love the pictures!