Saturday, January 3, 2009

our new year SO far

Well, Christian almost didn't make it to the New Year after he decided to take down ALL our family portraits from the wall and use them as his new play toys.
Our New Year's Eve was a quiet one. None of us made it till midnight, but honestly we weren't trying. I did wake at midnight though and rang in the New Year with the sounds of gun shots and fire crackers. What a way to start it off huh?!
On New Year's day we decided to go to Oak Glen and let the kids run around a bit. They had a blast and to our pleasant surprise it wasn't very crowed at all.
This crazy ostrich bit Christian's hand, but thankfully he didn't cry. The mommy in me just wanted to smack it!
Then we came home and relaxed the rest of the day. Chloe kept wanting to feed daddy and both kids wanted to have daddy read to them. Poor Dustin just wanted to watch the rest of the football game and rest, but the kids had other plans in mind. :)

Our 2009 is off to a great start and we can't wait to see what in holds in store for us!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe the ostrich bit Christian....I would have wanted to slap it too!!!!!! I remember going to Oak Glen when I was a kid...I loved it.

Your guy's new years was like ours...no one made it to midnight. Happy 2009 hun!!!

Jennifer said...

I LOVED Oak Glen as a kid. We'd always go to the old school house for a picnic and then my dad would push us super high on the swings. I always want to go there when we are in CA...but we never make the time...

...we rang in the New Year in a similar unexciting fashion....

....are you done with BOOK 3 yet???

Ryan and Lizeth said...

Ironically the pictures being ripped off the wall and put on the ground made a great Kodak Moment itself. That kid is too cool. The trip to see the animals looked like a really fun time. I have never been bitten by an ostrich but I imagine that it is not super cool. :o)
Love you guys. Happy new years.

lynda said...

I love taking my kids to Oak Glen. How fun! Miles is starting to get a little destructive around our house too. Hopefully it is a quick phase. =)

I love your family feet picture. It turned out sooo cute!

Harshes said...

Love, love, love the new header pic! I also love everyone's pics of their kids in p.j.'s opening presents! And that is so cute about the tape! Christian keeps you on your toes! That is Annabelle for me! Any tips? Off to look at pics of Tyler now...

The Rich's said...

as wierd as this sounds..it makes me feel better that christian is a human tornado..my child is not even one and she is doing so many 'christian esque' things...maybe it is in the Peterson genes! hehe...way to get pics of it, you can blackmail him with those later in life!