Wednesday, December 31, 2008

looking back at 2008

What a year this has been and how fast it has gone by. The year has brought us many blessings and we are grateful. As the year comes to a close we just wanted to highlight a few things that have happened this year in our family.

* In February we took a family trip to the East coast to visit family, this was also Chloe's first airplane ride and she slept through most of it
* In March I turned the big "3" "0" and thought life was over :)
* In May Dustin turned 29
* In August Christian turned 3
* In September Chloe turned 1, we went camping in San Diego with Greg, Veronica & kids, and we traveled to Snowflake AZ so I could shoot my first wedding with Jennifer F.
* In October we went to Vegas so that I could attend the New Kids on the Block reunion concert with Jenny and also traveled to Mesa AZ for a photography workshop
* In December I had a quick trip to Boise, ID to visit Jen and new baby Tyler

We also went to Disneyland more times than we can count,as usual, got a new (used) Tahoe to haul the family around in and so many other family things together. Dustin's job continues to bless us with the ability to have me stay home and be "mom." He has changed positions at work to quality assurance and is really liking it. I have been fortunate to turn a love for photography into a new found career path.

We are truly grateful for all our family and friends who continue to support us in all we do. Thanks for being shoulders to lean on, ears to vent to, therapists, mentors and mostly just friends. We love you!

We hope that you all have a very Happy New Year and that 2009 brings an abundance of blessings to you and your family.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Michelle!!!! Love and miss you guys.

Here's to a safe, healthy and prosperous 2009!!!!

Jennifer said...

What a year! I have to say...I am always a little worried when a new year begans. In 2007 I lost my grandma, in 2008, my father in law...and so right now I am worried about "who's next!" Plus, being a mom, it's a little sad to think about my kids getting bigger and more independent (even though I spent most days wishing they could do more for themselves!)

I am so glad to have been a part of your 2008! Here's to the many more years of friendship to come!

Monty and Kristin said...

I'm glad you had such a nice year. yes, you were very blessed. I've enjoyed getting to know you on your blog this year too.

Katie said...

Happy New Year my friend! Hope 2009 is a great year for you and your family!

The Rich's said...

girl, you should be PROUD to be 30! Haven't you ever seen 13 going on 30?...we all want to be 30, flirty and THRIVING! hehe...enjoy it...and no worries, i had no idea you were older than dustin...you look not a day older than 28 :)