Monday, December 1, 2008

our Thanksgiving weekend

And what a great weekend it was...really!! Dustin had 4 days off so we enjoyed getting to spend some good quality time with him. His new schedule at work has him leaving early to work and getting home late. The kids don't see him much during the week and I get to see him only a little more than that. It's been a bit hard, but hopefully will be for the better, work wise, for him. And we will get through it that's for sure.

Thursday morning Dustin went to play football with his brother's Ryan and Greg. This had become a tradition for the boys most years! I stayed home to get things ready for the day and was I ever glad I did. I decided to turn on the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade and see if Christian would watch it. At first he wasn't too sure, but with a little help from mom he loved it. This was special to me because my mom used to have it on every year and we would watch it. We also did this on New Year's Day. I found myself in tears as I sat there with Christian. He is growing up so fast and I am SO grateful to me a mom. I am truly blessed!!

We later headed over to Dustin's parent's for dinner and visiting with the family. My side of the family didn't get together this year for a few different reasons, but that was actually OK with me. This was the first year that all the Peterson kids and their families were together for the holiday and it was great. I am so lucky to have such great in-laws that I truly enjoy being with.

The rest of the weekend was pretty calm. I think we stayed home most of the time and just hung out and relaxed. Dustin and I were a bit sick a few days. I think we are fighting off the stomach bug as much as possible. :(

So that was our holiday in a nutshell. It was a great one and now we are in full swing for the Christmas season! Yea for Christmas!!!!!


Chloe's first double pigtail hair-doour family on ThanksgivingDustin & Christian playing the piano togetherChristian, Chase & Savy playing the piano(very badly)Christian's best buddy (poor Jet)

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hope you're able to keep that stomach bug away. (no fun)

...glad you had a good Thanksgiving! :)

I am loving the Christmas season too. Black Friday is a MUST for me! For some reason getting up at 4:30 a.m. and shopping for hours with my mom and a million other crazy people really puts me on the holiday spirit! Snowflake is a great place to live during the month of Dec. There's some performance or another going on every night..tonight was the "town lighting"...and the kids got to see Santa!

Hope you all are doing great!

Marci said...

Glad that you guys had a great Thanksgiving, minus the bug! It was great to spend time with you all Thanksgiving day!

lynda said...

Your Thanksgiving pictures are so cute. I hope you and Dustin feel better soon.

Thank you so much for the fun photo shoot. My kids had so much fun! And you were so good with them. Very patient too! Thanks again :)

Letti said...

It looks like you guys had fun. I love Chloe's new do it is very cute!

Katie said...

Looks like you had a great day! I miss the parade now that I live here!!

Greg and Shellie Lomenick said...

What is with people getting sick over Thanksgiving weekend?

What a special moment that you and Christian had together doing something you and your mom used to do.

Oh, and I love Chloe's double pig tails. Those are the cutest!

Anonymous said...

I'm lovin' Chloe's piggies!!! That is my favorite way to do Juliette's hair.

The Rich's said...

i am jealous of chloe's pig tails!! so cute...and cute family picture...looks like you and dustin have lost weight.!! amazing since this time of year is normally when we all gain it! good job guys!