Tuesday, June 9, 2009

family beach trip

Saturday we headed to Huntington Beach for some fun in the sun, well kind of. This trip had been planned for some time and of course the day of we had stormy weather. Back here at home it looked like it was going to pour at any minute, but they kept telling us that it was clear at the beach. And they were right! We didn't head out until about 3pm so we didn't even bother to bring the kids swim suits, it would cool off soon enough anyways. :)

The entire family was able to make it so it was extra special. Even poor Kristin (Dustin's sister)who is so sick this pregnancy made it out. Just don't ask her to move!! LOL We BBQ'ed some hot dogs, made some smores, celebrated Savy's second birthday and just had fun with the family. The kids had a blast and we had to trick Christian to get him to go to the car peacefully. We left before dark because the kids were already fighting slight colds and we didn't want them to get worst. All-in-all it was a great time and I escaped the wearing of a bathing suit once again...woohoo!!

I decided that I was gonna leave the camera alone for the day and just enjoy so thanks to the family for sending these to me.

roasting the hot dogsyes, I was mid-bite enjoying my smoresChristian "teaching" Uncle Ryan how to make sand castles Savy opening what was I'm sure her fav present of the day :)Dustin took these next two of Chloe and I...I just love them!

6 comments:

The Rich's said...

oh man!!! i miss bon fires at the beach!!! i am so jealous.cute pics..and you still look cute mid smore...! *wink*

Anonymous said...

I love the sillouettes that Dustin took...awesome.

Michelle said...

I hadn't heard you mention that Kristen was pregnant...Wow! Will it be another boy, I wonder or will she get some girl power.

Letti said...

HOw fun. I am only a night beach person like this. That way I don't look funny wearing regular clothes...lol I miss doing this kind of stuff with my family. I am so glad that all of you are all living so close still.

Veronica Peterson said...

I love the picture Dustin took.

Veronica Peterson said...

Savy plays with that Dora cell phone everyday. She loves it!