Friday, June 26, 2009

a few dates in history

So I feel like I can't let the event's of the past few days go by without documenting them for my journal. I don't know why it's such a big deal when a celebrity dies, maybe because we live in CA and it's such a star magnet.

It's said that death comes in 3's and this week was no exception. On Tuesday, June 23rd Ed McMahon died and then on Thursday June 25th Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson died. While Ed and Farrah had been sick and battling for their lives for a while the death of Michael Jackson was a surprise to the public. He was an extremely private person, but we did know that he was planning some come back tours very soon.

I have to admit that I was not a huge MJ fan, but I remember that my mom was as well as a ton of other people. She just loved to watch him dance!! And the thought of that aways makes me smile. No matter what controversy surrounded him in his lifetime he was an amazing entertainer and will always be the "King of Pop."

Michael Jackson
1958-2009


Michael Jackson died Thursday afternoon (June 25) at the age of 50 after suffering cardiac arrest, according to the Los Angeles Times. Reports say the legendary pop singer suffered cardiac arrest at his home in the Los Angeles neighborhood of Holmby Hills and was not breathing and had no pulse when paramedics arrived after a 911 call around 12:26 p.m. PT. They administered CPR in the ambulance but were unable to revive him. At the hospital, staff attempted to resuscitate Jackson, but he was unresponsive.



Farrah Fawcett was best know for being one of the three original Charlie's Angels and of course one of the first on-screen sex symbols.
Who can forget this famous pin-up of her that was a top seller!



And Ed McMahon was best know as Johnny Carson's sidekick on The Tonight Show and Star Search.

2 comments:

Monty and Kristin said...

I didn't know about Ed McMan. Wow, that did happen in three huh! I was sad about MJ, but when I thought about it we really lost him a long time. Know what I mean?

Jennifer said...

I didn't know that Ed McMhan died either! I am so out of the loop when it comes to movie stars. I can bearly remember their names. I would still not know about M.J or F.F dying if they hadn't put it on the yahoo thingy that we have as our internet home page!