Monday, February 2, 2009

"shut up"

I have to tell this story before I forget.

A few days ago I was talking to Christian and he put his hand to my mouth and said "shut up." Now I know I had the wrong reaction because I just stood there for a minute and then turned my head and laughed.Now the reason I laughed is because if you know his voice then you know the sweet little sound it makes when it wants to. It was said so sweetly. I told him we don't say that and that he can say "be quiet" instead. He has done it a few more times since, but I think it's almost passed.

We never say this to him so we figure that he hears us telling each other that in joking all the time. We also yell at a certain barking dog a lot too. Guess we will have to be more careful from now on!! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's so hard not to laugh at what they say sometimes!!! i've got mallory correcting me everytime I say "shut up" or "butt" cuz I dont let her say those words. :0)

Jennifer said...

That's too funny...kids pick up on the littlest things!

When Kaitlyn was about 3 (I was hugely pregnant with Addie) she called me a "fat lard"! She'd been watching a little too much Napoleon Dynamite I think!

Mario Jacquez said...

I was laying on the floor not even talking and ryan came up to me and told me to shut up...i wasnt sure that he said shut up so i ignored it then he looked at me and said very clearly shut up... i told him we dont say that word and i asked katie where he might have heard that word and it turns out that the previews to Mary Poppins (his obsession a few weeks ago) someone says shut up and another person repeats shut up.... yeah ryan also learned CRAP from watching me play video games.... oh man is my new response.

Katie said...

yeah I know what you mean! the little ears pick of everything!!