Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Spring cleaning in February

As I mentioned previously I wanted to start Spring cleaning this month. I took my friend Letti's challenge last year and it was great so I'm doing it again this year, just a bit earlier. This includes sorting EVERYTHING either for keeping, storing, donating or trash and cleaning of course. February is a little bit slower for me so I decided this would be a great time and I also hope to be busy with sessions in the Spring (fingers crossed).

So it was time to start and there was no doubt which room was going to get it first...Christian's. I seriously took like 3 trash cans, if not more, full of stuff to the trash. He just has too much stuff! His room always looks like it was in the center of a tornadoes path!! The funny part is that Dustin had actually straightened it up a few days ago so it wasn't as bad as usual when I started.

The kids were both funny and wanted to help. I let them stay for a bit then had to chase them out. Christian didn't like all that I was throwing away and Chloe on the other hand was putting everything in the trash. So funny!! Then as soon as it was clean he was back looking for things to destroy. Wanting to take out things to play with that he never wants to play with. Well at least it was clean for a few minutes anyways!! :)

before



after



and now


As of this morning everything has been moved to the living room. What am I gonna do with this kid!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously girl...why do we even bother sometimes? Juliette can destroy my house in 4 minutes flat. She loves a clean room...its like a blank canvas to her. I can't wait to get her moved into Mal's room so that only one room looks like a tornado blew through it.

lynda said...

Such a little boy! Good job on the early spring cleaning. I've got to get started on mine. Especially since Letti (clean freak) will be here soon. :)

Beloved said...

Nice! I wish I had your motivation. Ken will be home in four weeks and I haven't even officially unpacked from Boise! Yikes!

Sallie said...

Hi, I am a friend of Letti, Amelia, and Lynda. Just wanted to say hi and say I have been bit by the cleaning bug. I steamed cleaned my living room, cleaned baseboards, vacuumed crevices in the couch and am now exhausted. How will we clean it all?

Anonymous said...

So, because you got me all motivated, we...meaning I....cleaned Mallory and Juliettes rooms yesterday. I got rid of a ton of stuff and I'm even going to shampoo the carpets this weekend. Yay me!!

Michelle said...

Sallie~ thanks so much for leaving a comment...I love finding new friends (but I can't view yours) and I don't think there is a way to ever get it ALL done!! :(

Je~ glad I motivated you to clean andyou motivated me to put on some stinkin make up everyday!! :)

Katie said...

Dang, maybe I should get motivated!! I bet it felt good once it was DONE!