Tuesday, October 21, 2008

daddy son date

Saturday was Christian and Dustin's first official date night. I'm not sure how we got on the subject last week, but Dustin jumped all over the idea. He was so excited to plan their night and I had to keep reminding him to keep it simple, he's only 3. :)

He decided to take Christian to the Ontario Mills mall to Gameworks to play games and then go to the movies. Well the only cartoon playing was Igor. This was not a top pick, but was the only choice. They had a great time and our little man came home all tuckered out and daddy was loving their time together.

Chloe and I stayed home and spent some good quality time together. She is such a little character and seems to do something new everyday.

I think this is a tradition that we will keep up hopefully once a month. Maybe next month it will a date for Christian and I and as Chloe gets older she will also have date nights with us.

3 comments:

Veronica Peterson said...

That's great- they had a fun daddy and son date.

Monty and Kristin said...

That is so cute! We need to start doing that. I'm sure it will become a new tradition.

Marci said...

Erik and I are doing that as well. Well actually, he takes one girl and I take the other. And the next time we switch! Lots of fun!