Tuesday, October 14, 2008

yes, they still have the right stuff

So this was the weekend that has been a long time coming. I'm talking about the New Kids On The Block concert of course!! Saturday night really was all that I could have hoped for and more. Natasha Bedingfield was the opening performer and she was great...love her! As soon as NKOTB took the stage I swear I was 12 years old again. I was dancing and singing along to songs that I thought I had forgotten...it was great. They sang both new and old songs and totally played up the 80's vibe at times, so funny. It was fun to see all the age groups there. You had teenages to 50 somethings and eveything in between. And you had to love the girls that dressed totally 80's and still had the original shirts and jackets from back in the day. They really did give a GREAT performance and it was well worth the trip.

So here are the few negatives about the trip. Weird weather! It was actually cold and windy there so not really the best conditions for walking around with the kids in. At one point during the concert Jonathan came out wearing an Obama T-shirt, so that took him down a few notches on my list. Then I had to take a taxi back to our hotel because it was late and the kid were already asleep. I got the typical crazy looking, talking , driving taxi driver and was thankful to make it back to my hotel alive. And the tickets said NO cameras allowed so I didn't even attempt to bring one. Big mistake! Everyone in there had one so I was really mad that I decided to play by the rules that night. I did take a few pictures with my cell phone, or should I say tried to. They came out really bad! At least I have the memories right!! :)

And I have to give a BIG shout out to my awesome hubby. He made the quick trip with me and for me. Watched the kids and never complain about it and I know they were a bit crazy at times. Yes, I really do have the best hubby ever and I owe him BIG time!

Getting ready to go



bad cell phone pictures

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm soooo jealous and I should have been there too....thats all i have to say about that!!! :0)

i'm so happy you guys had a blast and are home safe and sound.

love ya!!!

Michelle said...

Yes, you should have been there! Next time! :)

Monty and Kristin said...

Okay, so I know he's my brother, but yes...you've got a good one. I don't know many men who would do that! Mine included! Glad you had fun. you crack me up!!

Jennifer said...

Those cell phone pictures actually turned out pretty cool!

You're so fun!