Monday, October 6, 2008

more of our AZ trip

So although we did go to Arizona specifically for a wedding we did have lots of fun along the way. It turned out to be a good little family trip.

My crazy rash from last summer came back. This was not a highlight of the trip! I guess it wasn't a pregnancy rash as I first thought, but at least it stayed on only my arms this time.


We decided to take a little detour and visit the Grand Canyon. It sure was amazing! We didn't stay very long or get to explore too much so we will return again someday to do that. I must admit that it was long enough for me this time because my issue with heights kicked in and I was a bit sick for a while after.


I got to visit with Jennifer and the kids got to play, play, play! Poor Jen's house!! :)


One of the stops on the way home was Winslow, AZ. We wanted to see what the Eagles were singing about, turned out to be nothing too exciting. They did have a Sonic though so we stopped.


We also stopped at this giant crater that Dustin wanted to see. He had been there as a kid and wanted us to see it as a family. He didn't think it was as cool as he did when he was a kid, but I thought it was pretty darn cool.


We were planning on driving straight home, but then again decided to detour and spend the night in Laughlin. We drove the strip to see where we wanted to stay and then called mom and she was nice enough to book us a room since we couldn't get our phone internet to work. The kids were being silly in their car seats while waiting.


Christian enjoyed the view of the river and the boats from our room and the cow along the walk.


We enjoyed room service and not dealing with over tired kids in a resturant.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

You saw more of the "beautiful" state of Arizona in two days than I have in 10 years!!!! I must say though...that picture of you with the kids at the Grand Canyon makes me a little nervous...the only thing keeping Christian from falling is a chain-link fence!

Jennifer said...

p.s.
Where's you get your breast cancer ribbon gadget???

Veronica Peterson said...

Your road trip pictures look so much fun.

Lynette said...

Wow, that sounds like so much fun! I'm jealous; I still have never seen the Grand Canyon. Hopefully someday soon. I'm sorry about that rash! Hopefully, it didn't affect your trip too much!

P.S. I'm trying to get to Windy's blog, but she has to add me. Could you be a peach and let her know to add me or however that's done? thanks so much!

The Rich's said...

holy cow, you guys did a LOT!!! HOW FUN..grand canyon..ROOM SERVICE...you gotta love a good road trip. pretty pics, your kids are so cute..and don't feel bad, i have a thing with heights too..proud ofyou for standing close to the edge for a good pic!!!