Saturday, October 18, 2008

what the heck

So yesterday evening we put up a "yes on prop 8" sign in our yard. For those of you not in Cali this is the gay marriage prop. We live on a corner lot and have lots of traffic on the side street so we decided to put it on that side of the house. This afternoon I went outside and didn't see the sign in our yard anymore. I guess that someone didn't like the fact that we have the right to free speech and decided to rip our sign out, mangle it up and throw it across the street. I was so mad!! I went and got it straightened it out as best I could and put it right back up, but this time in the front of our house. It made me want to fill my yard with signs! How dare someone come into my yard and do that. We still can't decided on whether it was a kid just being destructive or if it was someone who really didn't like our view on things. The manner it which it was vandalized had us thinking it was someone who had a different opinion on the issue than us. Anyways, I just wanted to vent how irritated I was and that trespassers will be shot on site. Only kidding...well kind of!! :)~

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a sign that you need to get the heck out of Cali hun!!! Just be careful, okay? That makes me nervous.

The Gurganious Family said...

Don't you love how the "No on 8" commercials act as though it is ONLY about the marraige issue, and not about the intent on teaching it in schools? Convenient. Things are going down the toilet fast. I agree with "jennifer and family", it's time to get out of dodge!

Jennifer said...

Same thing happened to my friend here in AZ! Her "Yes on 102" signs were stolen from her yard! That's so lame of people to do that!!!

Greg and Shellie Lomenick said...

We had 4 signs stolen not vadalized from our street this morning (or night). I'm sure the ones on Valencia were probably taken too. Little do the sneakers know that we have another one in Greg's car. Stinkers!

Monty and Kristin said...

I'd be mad too! I mean, have some respect! I have our up against our house. I am however apprehensive about putting a bumper sticker on my car...just because people are crazy! It's a changing time! I pray it passes. WE'll see!

Mario Jacquez said...

I have extra ones for anyone who needs them in or area of the ward.