Friday, October 31, 2008

newspaper article

Last night I was reading a great article that was in the local Redlands paper about my sweet friend Gina, but then got quickly sidetracked by a different one about prop 8. It was the point of view of a retired school teacher in that area and I thought it would be a good read...was I ever wrong. By the end of it I was seeing red,I was so mad. Honestly I couldn't even believe that they had published his hateful interview. Makes me think a little differently about that paper now!

He made his opinion known on the issue for a split second and then attacked a local school board member for the remainder of his interview. You can tell that this man has a lot of underlying issues going on. I think that anyone who can't discuss their opinion on an issue without getting SO upset has some serious issues of their own. That's the great thing about this country, that we all can have whatever opinion we want. I'm so glad that this man is retired!

He also made a point that he had a lot of former LDS friends as he went on to completely attack the church in his interview. As he went on to talk about the torture and different methods that the LDS church uses on gay members I almost fell out of my chair. Is this guy serious?? Right there I knew this guy was a lost cause and anyone who would spout off at the mouth about such false things so publicly had to have some serious issues, probably mentally. So he has former LDS friends huh, well thats really saying something for your cause. If you want to know about the Mormon church maybe you should ask a practicing member...idiot!!

Anyways...it was an interesting read and I was going to comment on the article, but there were already many that said what I would have anyway so I just left it alone. The focus on prop 8 may have to do with our kids in school being taught same sex marriage, but that's the smaller picture. It has to do with the fact of SAME SEX MARRIAGE. If this becomes an accepted norm then where do things stop...seriously. This country was founded this way for a reason. As this world becomes more and more modern we want to change everything, well if it ain't broke don't try and fix it.

Things are set for the majority right now across this country in most cases and that is how it should be!! If we as parents feel a certain way about ANY issue then it's up to us to teach our kids about it in OUR home.

On a side note...I was so excited to wake up and see the previous post on "the family" that Dustin did before he left for work this morning. Funny thing is he was asleep when I read that article last night and has no idea about it. So, you can see what the hot topics are around our house these days. :)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

It is scary what this world is coming to and that people will out right lie and spread dirty gossip about The Church. I would hope that the majority of the people who read that article know at least one LDS person who is "normal" that they can ask questions so that they can get their facts straight.

...they always say the world is gonna get worse before it gets better....and I guess that just means that we as parents have to be even more vigilant in teaching our children right from wrong.

I think about how they teach evolution in school...someone whose parents didn't teach them about the Bible and "the creation" would think that there was a "big bang"...or something...that we all do come from apes or water creatures or whatever...and there's alot of wackos out there who believe that stuff...maybe the same wackos that will vote no on Prop8. I guess my point is that we just have to teach our kids that they can't belive everything they hear at school and that if what they hear there contradicts what they hear at church/home then they need to talk to us about it. Scary thing is that WE have little kids now...imagine what we'll be dealing with as they get older and into high school!?