Saturday, August 16, 2008

are you watching this??

Photobucket

Is anyone else watching the games this summer? I sure hope so...the athletes are AMAZING to watch. Dustin and I love to watch them together and it's fun when we have a different favorite that goes head to head. We really don't care in the end as long as USA comes out the winner. :)

So these have been some of our favorite events/people to watch this year.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
All I can say is "WOW!"

Michael Phelps is a machine and so fun to watch. He has had me on the edge of my seat a few times now. I love it when the competition talks trash and fuels his fire to make history in the water.

And the women's beach volley ball team...so good. If I saw one of those spikes from Kerri Walsh coming towards me I think I would just run the other way.

And what can I say about the women's gymnastics team that we aren't all thinking already. Shawn and Nastia are awesome! And seriously the Chinese team really does need to be investigated because a few of those girls don't look a day over 10 years old and I doubt that they are.

So if you haven't been watching then tune in...you have a few days left. I promise you won't be disappointed!!

6 comments:

Letti said...

I have enjoyed the Olympics so far too. I am so amazed whenever I see Michael Phelps he has had some pretty exciting races. I had goosebumps when I watched the the girls gymnastics the other night. It was really sweet to see them win gold and silver.

Anonymous said...

Yeah...lets just say i'm a walking zombie from staying up so late for this Olympic stuff!!!!!! The girls winning gymnastics the other night was wonderful!!! GO USA!!!!!

Phipps Family said...

This is the first time I have been tempted to get satellite service. I love to watch the Olympics any sport and we only got to watch a little last sunday. My only question is why are the swimmers dressed in more then the volleyball players?

Jennifer said...

Michael Phellps has been keeping me up until odd hours of the night! He is amazing....if I had an ounce of his dedication I'd be SET!
I think if Shawn had won for the US gymnastics tean it would have been better because I can't even pronounce let alone spell the other girls name...but she was beautiful to watch...her floor routine was awesome....and did you watch any of the womans marathon running. That is inspring to me! Brandon doesn't see why anyone would want to run a marathon...but I think it goes to show what you can train your body to do...I really think anyone could do it if they put their mind to it. ANYHOW...we've been loving the Olympics too...well...most of it....I wont be watching th etable tennis!

The Rich's said...

those are my favorite athletes too!!!! rock on..i've been glued to the TV, i was like, ok olympics are done swimming gymnastics are over..and then i realized wait, we havent' even started track adn field..go usa!!!!!

Monty and Kristin said...

Hey, those are all my favorite events too! I stayed up till 1:30 watching the gymnastics comp. It was so fun!! Phellps is awesome. The boys love watching him!