Saturday, August 23, 2008

latest damage report

I bet you didn't know that we have tornadoes in Southern Cali. Well the past two days tornado Christian has been touching down all over our house. Here are just a few pictures of the "major" damage, the minor damage didn't even make the news this time. :)

eggs thrown from the fridgeDVDs thrown on the floorclothes emptied on to the floor and dog (as usual)and toilets filled with bath toys

So really I'm not a mom that just lets my child run wild all the time. Dustin and I have decided that Christian is the type of kid that needs super vision ALL the time. If you leave him alone for even two minutes it could be a disaster. He constantly needs to be entertained. We are looking into preschools because I think it would be really great for him. He is at the age where he is a sponge and to be honest I think that he just gets bored at home a lot. I wanted to wait until about January to start him, but we will see.

So our house in now in the lock down stage for Christian. I thought it was before, but obviously I was WRONG. We had put locks on the fridge a few weeks ago, but surprise, surprise he knows how to open them. So thanks to Shellie for dropping by some reinforcements and now hopefully life will be a little less messy for a while. :)

thanks again Shellie

10 comments:

Greg and Shellie Lomenick said...

Oh, no words to describe what my thoughts are. So...sorry!

Jennifer said...

HOLY COW!!!!!!

The toys in the toliet is OVER the top! My jaw dropped at that picture!

Pre-school might be a great outlet for him....and a nice break for mom.....(and the carpet cleaner....seriously...does egg stain???)

Anonymous said...

whoa.....my "pen on the couch" day yesterday doesnt even compare. ((((HUGS))))) i'm scared to have a boy!!! :) I guess you do have tornados in California and hurricanes it looks like!!! Luv ya!

Monty and Kristin said...

OH MY GOODNESS!! The toilet one cracked me up! I know I shouldn't laugh, but it's just that kids are so funny--things we wouldn't even think of!! I am so sorry!! You must be so tired! Hey...one day you'll look back at this and laugh. It may take a while though. Don't worry...he'll be a dad one day and then he'll get his payback!! SORRY!!

Phipps Family said...

I now understand why you think I am crazy to have so many kids. The clothes and dvd's is common enough in my house but are easily taken care of... the eggs and the toilet- well that is something I have never had to deal with even with 3 boys.
The worst I have had to deal with was with Madalynn when she was about 2. She got my moms lipstick and decided her bathroom including the toilet was too white.
My boys get hurt allot- bumbs on their heads that put goose eggs to shame and so on. Anyway I think I have taken enough space. Let me know if you ever need a break and I will watch the kids for you. Good luck!

Harshes said...

Oh my gosh Michelle! Unreal! He really is a tornado! I cute, smart, fun tornado! Yes, I think preschool is a great idea for all of you. He'll have so much fun, learn new things and let you breathe for a moment or 2!

Jen...my boy has been the least destructive of my 3! He does like to write on everything, but he is not nearly as destructive as Tatum and Annabelle. Oh, they come with their own personalities, don't they?!

Veronica Peterson said...

Whooooooa!! Did he help you clean some of it up? Maybe it's time for Gunny-Sack to pay a visit.

The Rich's said...

i was dying at the toilet picture..this makes me REALLY appreciate the fact that my kid can't move yet!!!!!!!! good luck...

Ryan and Lizeth said...

LOL!! I can't stop laughing at a few of those pictures. The toilet one is too freaking funny. Christian is so cool. You will have plenty of stories and lots of evidence against him when he grows up. Look at it this way. He is not only making messes he is also making memories.

Michelle said...

It sounds like Uncle Ryan sees the funny in everything. I think he needs some special time with Christian. Think of it as preschool. Though I'm afraid he might come home with some new tricks. :)