Thursday, August 14, 2008

on the mend

FINALLY...I am starting to feel alive again. This cold really kicked my butt this time. I don't remember the last time I felt this bad. I felt my body fighting something last week and finally it got me on Saturday. Christian had it briefly also, but seemed to bounce back rather quickly. Chloe is congested, but hopefully that's as bad as she gets.

It was one of the colds that makes you feel as if you are in a fog ALL the time. The pressure and pain in my head was so bad it felt like my head was in a vice grip or something. Even my teeth hurt! :) And my nose was like a faucet that wouldn't shut off, but there seemed to be no point to blow it cause it really was no relief. I was so tired and couldn't keep my eyes open (literally), but then I couldn't sleep cause I was in so much pain and I couldn't breath. I know this was a nice mental picture for you, but you need the hard facts. :)

I have to give a lot of credit to my awesome hubby for the past few days. I was seriously good for nothing and he held the fort down and he had no choice but too. He got like no sleep and still kept his obligations to those outside our home. He's the man!!

Thank you for all the get well wishes...they really did help me to get feeling better!! :)

8 comments:

Greg and Shellie Lomenick said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better now. The world seems to come to an end when mommy doesn't feel well. Hope to see you Sunday.

The Jacquez's said...

Girl I forgot to give you the tip for the sinus pressure... it looks like i'm a little too late now but for future reference it's a thing called Niel Med Sinus Rinse you can get it at a drug store. It's a saline rinse that you shoot up through your nose (I know talk about graphic) but it provides the best relief especially when I couldn't take cold medicine. Glad you are feeling a little better, I know exactly how you were feeling! See you tonight.

Monty and Kristin said...

You should have had Dustin take a picture of you!! j/k sounds like you were miserable! SORRY! glad you're feeling better now!! Mom's should never get sick! it should be in the contract!!

Jennifer said...

Hooray that your feeling better and for Dustin taking care of things!

Jennifer said...

Hooray that your feeling better and for Dustin taking care of things!

Veronica Peterson said...

Good to know your feeling better.

Harshes said...

So glad you are feeling better. When that has happened to me, the only things that make me feel better are sleep and an adjustment!

The Rich's said...

next time you get a cold, use Zicam...i swear it is the cure and it works really fast...we swear by it...also Emergen C packets...