Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Chloe's 1st birthday

I can't believe that our little baby girl turned one today. Well actually since this year was leap year she turned one yesterday. :) We had a little party for her at a local park with just the family and some close friends. It was a good time! The kids enjoyed the playground and the adults got to chat. I kind of forgot to account for the evenings of earlier sunset so it got dark on us a little quicker than we hoped, but we made the most of it and skipped the opening of presents until we got home.

Chloe is walking like a pro now (well kind of) and is still the most smiley little thing ever. Even after she got home from her party,clearly exhausted, she was still smiling at me as she was about to drop in pure exhaustion. Even when we are out in public Chloe smiles at who ever she can and if she catches their eye watch out, she will charm them to no end. Her smiles just melt our hearts! She brings so much joy to our family and she truly is our little princess. She says a few words like- OK, Mama, Dada and no,no,no. And she is a tough little thing. She just takes a fall or push from brother and then just keeps on going. That's our girl!

We love you Chloe Jean!! Happy first birthday!

then


now
I just love how Chloe is looking at the cupcake in this oneAlthough it was Chloe's special day I think this cake took the spotlight

A BIG thank you to everyone for coming and being so generous to CJ. Thanks to mom for a yummy salad and to Shellie for an awesome cake and to the family for helping with clean up. You all made it a great time!

10 comments:

Letti said...

Wow that went by so fast. Happy Birthday Chloe. The cake was beautiful Michelle.

Anonymous said...

Wow...I just cant believe she is one year old already. Time does fly. She is precious Michelle...dang we make some beautiful kids...I tell ya!!! Give her a kiss from the girls and I.

lynda said...

Happy birthday Chloe! I love how she matches her cake. :)

Veronica Peterson said...

I liked all the polka dot theme. It was very cute! Chloe looked cute in her dress. Her smile sure breaks your heart. I love it!

Jennifer said...

So sweet. I love those newborn pictures. Melts my heart.

That cake is too cute!

~gina lee said...

wow. she is looking liek Christian more and more.. too cute... happy days big girl..

Greg and Shellie Lomenick said...

We had a lot of fun. Thanks for inviting us. Ok, so the picture really makes the cake look good. I'm feeling a lot better.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great time. Happy Birthday Chloe Jean!! (I love her middle name...it's the same as mine! :)

The Rich's said...

pretty cake! And i love her little birthday princess crown! i can't believe she is a year old!!! cute cute kid...

The Gurganious Family said...

Oh my gosh I can't believe it'a been a year!! She is so gorgeous