Tuesday, June 10, 2008

lighting, lighting, lighting...

Sunday I had the chance to shoot the sweetest family. I was so excited because the newest member of the family, Brooklyn, is all of 3 week old. Besides being sweet this family has done OK in the looks department as well...they are so cute. So since all that was going for me you think that I would have gotten some awesome pics, huh?

So as I was sitting at home glancing at the pics still on the camera I was thinking "hey, I got some pretty decent shots." So I downloaded them to them computer and began to take a closer look. My heart about sank!! Almost every picture was ruined in my opinion. As the image was small it looked fine, but as you enlarged it it was totally grainy.

So what do I do? Well in tears I email the master, Gina (since it was late or I would have called). We talked and she explained to me what happened and all I can say is lesson learned. She also made me feel better by letting me know that it has even happened to her before. Thanks G for helping me out once again. :)

So here are a few of my favorite shots from the shoot. They are still grainy, but you get the idea. And maybe if I'm lucky I will get the chance to shoot them again (fingers crossed).

Thanks Jared, Lynette, and Brooklyn for letting me practice on you. You guys are the cutest little family ever!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

the pictures look awesome here. what was it that made them turn out grainy when enlarged?

Michelle said...

my ISO was WAY too high and I should of had the light facing them instead of behind them. lesson learned!!

Harshes said...

Michelle, I think that they are sweet and pretty good! That is what learning is all about. I realized that the other night...that the lighting should be behind to get better pictures. I have no idea how to mess w/the ISO, etc! LOL It's trial and error! You are doing great! Keep it up.

Monty and Kristin said...

I'd say you got some awesome shots! They don't look grainy to me! You did a great job!! You're getting really good...and really picky if you ask me!! Don't be so hard on yourself!

Veronica Peterson said...

The shots came out really good.

Michelle said...

The pictures looks great on here. Now that you have the photographer's eye you see all the things we regular peeps don't. You amaze all of us!

~gina lee said...

michelle, I guess the whole thing on trial and error, is that there IS trial and there is error. and if we didn't do the error part, we would never learn... Mistakes help us grow...What's true in our personal development is also true in our art... making mistakes allows us to see what we did wrong and forces us to come up with creative ways to solve the problems.. Think of it as "happy accidents".. Mistakes arent always bad, it just depends on how you handle the situation when it prresents itself....
Great job my friend.. you are on the right path... happy shooting...
~g

The Rich's said...

hmmm.....i am no professional obviously because they look good to me!!! practice makes perfect..if i lived in cali you definately would be taking pics for me...

Andy, Nikki, and Grant said...

Theses are awesome pictures :) I cant wait for you to take pictures of me and andy they will probably be the engagement photos :)