Friday, June 6, 2008

when it rains it really does pour

So our extra busy week comes to a sobering end. After my fun photo sessions with Gina yesterday I headed home to take my dad to a doc appt. We were going in to get the results from an MRI that he had on his back last week. Well the results weren't as bad as anticipated. It seems he has severe arthritis in his lower back as well as spurs and almost no room around some discs. This has been a long time in the making for him and will be something that he pretty much has to live with. It has never been so bad though where he hasn't been able to walk before.

Then I was to take pictures of my nieces that evening, but they were feeling under the weather. :( About 5:30 pm or so we get a call from Dustin's brother Ryan telling us that their dad has been in an accident. So needless to say we weren't gonna get much sleep last night. His dad had no memory of the last few months and no idea what happened to him. He had ridden his scooter to work that day and we were told that he hit a parked car. And to top it off Christian got sick last night and right when I put him into bed he lost his dinner. Poor little guy! We still don't know what happened as we are waiting for the police report. His dad is home tonight and suffered a broken collar bone and rib. He his banged up a bit and pretty sore, but is doing good. He has even gotten most of his memory back, but nothing about the accident.

This morning a get a call from our friend Shelli telling me that our other friend Tracy passed away on Monday. This absolutely hurt my heart. We are not sure exactly the cause of her accident, but we do know that she ran head on into a moving freight train while going about 50 mph and never hit the breaks. She leaves behind 2 young girls and a sweet husband. I hope to learn more in the coming days and at her funeral on Monday. Then tonight my dad called to tell me that his brother is in the hospital and is brain dead. They aren't sure the cause of that yet.

So the past two days have been exhausting both physically and mentally to say the least. I do have some fun plans though for the next two days so check back and see what they are (too bad I will still be exhausted).

6 comments:

Harshes said...

Oh Michelle, I am so so sorry. What an exhausting and heart breaking few days. You and your family will be in my prayers for sure. I wish there was something I could do for you. (((((hugs))))) mama.

Monty and Kristin said...

So sorry to hear about your dad, your friend, and your fathers brother...oh and my dad! Gee...I hope Christian gets better fast! hope you enjoy your activites. Look forward to hearing about them. wow...love ya.

Olson Family said...

Oh, I am so sorry to hear all your sad news. it's so hard to understand things in life sometimes. I hope Christian is feeling better and that both your fathers stay strong. Hang in there!!!

Anonymous said...

hi hun...got your message from yesterday. i'm so sorry about your family and friends. This is horrible, i'll be praying for your family. call me when you feel up to it okay?? love you. we need to remember to hold our loved ones extra tight tonight, right?

Jennifer said...

I am so sad to hear about all the sickness and death going on in the lives of those you know and love! I can't even imagine having all those things happen in week! Hang in there sister!

Letti said...

Michelle I am at a loss for words. I will keep you in my prayers.