Monday, May 12, 2008

getting started

I finally did it. I started exercising today. Last week I began the diet part and today I started the exercise part. I almost didn't start today because I still had a headache from yesterday, but I just waited a little longer and then worked through it. I figured that I could always find some excuse so just do it and get it over with. My plan is to work out 3-4 times a week. Today I did the elliptical, did squats and lunges. We'll see how it goes!!

I know that for me I have to start slow because if I start off too quick I will burn out. It's not really a diet I guess because I'm not going to deprive myself of anything or it won't work. I just need to cut back on quantities and up my activity levels. That's the plan for now anyways. I also don't buy soda to have in the house anymore, but if we are out then I may have one. Also nothing except water after 8pm. I think that is a big help for me too. Wish me lots of luck because I WILL need it!!

4 comments:

January said...

Good Job Michelle! It's hard to make changes! I'm proud of you. The pictures below are beautiful and your daughter has the most squeezable, lovely cheeks ever!

Jennifer said...

You're gonna do awesome. For me...I figure any extra excersize I get is a step in the right direction! I still haven't worked out this week though...I better do that today.

Anonymous said...

good job girl!!!! i've been using my elliptical for about 20 minutes a day...not very much, but I figure its better than nothing at all right? I also know that I absolutely can squeeze 20 minutes in somewhere...even if its at 10:00at night. keep it up mama!

Monty and Kristin said...

Good job!! I love the eliptical! It's my favorite piece of equipment! Lunges are my least favorite! Good for you!! I'm so proud of you!!