Friday, May 16, 2008

update on Christian

First of all thank you to all who kept us in your thoughts today. So it's turns out that it was a good idea to take Christian in the the ER today. It turns out that he was having an asthma attack. Yep that's right, the kid has asthma. Now he is even more like his dad!! :) They gave him some breathing treatments and Dustin said that it worked like a miracle. Soon after Christian fell asleep in Dustin's arms and could hardly be woken up for the remaining tests that he needed. Poor kid was so exhausted from not sleeping last night.

When he got home he was a totally different kid than when he left. He was almost back to his old self again. Just to see that huge of a difference in such a short amount of time was well worth the expensive trip to the doc. So I have to admit that I am a little relieved about the outcome because I was really starting to think that it was something I was or wasn't doing that kept getting him sick. On the other hand I am sad about the asthma because like most parents we have dreams of him being a great athlete. :) It could still happen right!! :)

Christian's new meds and treatmentsyep, even had to get an EKG :(

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

I am so glad you guys found out wha the problem was! Scary!

Michelle said...

The way you described it, I was thinking it was asthma, but like you was hoping it was not. Asthma is so scary. But it sounds like you will at least have Dustin's experience to guide you. Take care of that little munchkin. Will be thinking of you.

Letti said...

A lot of kids outgrow it. My brother had it pretty bad when he was younger but by the time he was in middle school it never bothered him again.

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness hun...i just caught up on your news about Christian. I'm so sorry that he has asthma...that must have been really scary not knowing what was the matter. i hope with his new meds, he gets to feeling better. i'll call you in a day or so...after you guys have caught up on your rest. luv ya mama!

Erik said...

Glad he's doing better. We've been rooting for him!

Harshes said...

Michelle, so happy to hear he's doing well and you know what is going on. Of course it wasn't anything you were doing. You are a great mom! Like another person said he can grow out of it w/no problems! I'll keep sweet Christian in my prayers.

Monty and Kristin said...

So glad he's feeling better! I think he can still be a great athelete. He was sure running around like crazy on Saturday!