Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

A nice simple day, just like we needed. Dustin made breakfast for us and then we went to church as usual then came home for a few hours before heading over to my mom in laws which is where everyone was gathering for a lunch celebration. I tried to get a little nap after church because I had a terrible migraine all day, but no luck. Dustin was nice enough to watch Chloe because she was fighting a nap, but as usual I couldn't sleep. Not that I wasn't tired, I just have trouble falling asleep. So needless to say I spent the rest of my day with a wonderful pounding in my head.

It was a nice afternoon spent with the family. I love hanging out with my sister in laws and future sis in law. I'm lucky that they all rock!!

As most of you know my own mom passed away when I was 17 so today is a little hard for me sometimes. And since I have had kids it's even more so. I just hope that I make her proud and that I can be an example to my kids as she was to me.

Happy Mother's day to all you moms. Our job is not easy, we don't get paid, we don't get sick days, we are always tired and we are lucky if we get to shower every day. And I'm sure that we wouldn't change a thing!! Thank you all for being an example to me and for doing the hardest and best job in the would....being a mommy!

3 comments:

Monty and Kristin said...

I know your mom is proud of you and with you more than you know. I know you make her smile everyday! Love ya Michelle!!

Anonymous said...

I also know that your mom would be so proud of the woman and mother that you have become. love you hun!

Jennifer said...

Hope you got a good night sleep and that your head quit pounding...and just so you know...you rock too!