Thursday, May 8, 2008

time to get serious

Well May is here and in full swing already.I don't know why it is that as we get older that is seems time goes faster. I think it's the fact of having kids makes it seem to go faster. What do you think? Well for May I'm not going to set any goals for just the month. Instead I'm going to get started on some things that I have been wanting to for a while now. Time to get serious!

scrap booking- I am so far behind on this that it's really not funny. It's been at least a year if not a little more since I last caught up. Now with two kids it's even harder, but at the same time more precious. Once I catch up I will need to stay on top of it or just decide to do regular photo albums.

home cooking- Like many families we have fallen victim to the fast food habit. I am going to start cooking more and eating out less. I will admit that this will be hard for me, but we are already off to a good start.

photography- Now that things are slowed down a little ( for the moment anyway) I want to practice taking more pictures. Since my kids, well Christian. wants nothing to do with it I have enlisted the help of some family members. They have been kind enough to agree to be my guinea pigs. This is something that I really love and really want to improve at.

weight- And this one is always a blast!! It is FINALLY time to take off the extra baby weight. I will not give specific numbers, but lets just say that I have some to lose. I know that I will never be the skinny minnie I was when I got married, but I can try can't I?! Just for me personally I don't feel good at this weight and don't even get me started about how out of shape I am. :) So wish me luck, I'll need it!

4 comments:

Letti said...

I need to work on the last two with you. Do you think Gina would still let us watch her?

Michelle said...

The scrapbooking, that is a big undertaking. I can relate. I have not put a picture in a photo album since Joshua was 1 and now he is 6. I still take pictures and have them printed but just put them in the drawer. Having them on the computer makes them so accessable and the kids like to and watch photoshows. I really would like to put them on a DVD to be able to watch on the TV.

You're on a roll for the picture taking. I think you do great.

And the weight, join the club...

I hope I inspired you to do some cooking with my cozy warm meals when you visited. There is so much to be said about sharing a meal around the table.

Monty and Kristin said...

Sounds awesome! Can I just photo copy you goals and put them on my page!! I was all caught up on scrapbooking UNTIL Trey was born...now the pictures are piled up!! Oh what fun. So, what form of exercise are you thinking of? I need some ideas!

~gina lee said...

no problem letti... all you have to do is call. ;)

Michelle, can't wait to see all your new skills.. ;)
~G