Monday, May 19, 2008

let's try again

So today I got back on track with this weight loss idea. Last week I started out strong and then as the week got crazy all my newly forming habits went out the window. So today I got up and got my exercising done right away. For me that is the easiest way. In the morning the kids are still in a good mood and only make me stop a handful of times if I'm lucky. :)

Yesterday my friend Morgan asked me "when do I find the time to exercise?" So I have been thinking about this and really I don't find the time, I MAKE the time. For me I can do it in the morning and for others you may need to ask your spouse to watch the kids for an hour or so a few times a week so you can get your workout in. It's just the fact of doing it.

It's the just doing it part that I have the trouble with. :) I simply don't like to exercise. So for me it's a very mental challenge. I just have to remind myself that I hate the extra weight more than I do the exercise. :) I will tell you what though, this heat is going to be tough to deal with. I absolutely hate the heat and working out in it is going to be a hard one for me.

So a few days ago Dustin came home with some new work out toys. He has decided to jump on the weight loss band wagon too. Yes, I am glad that he did , but I told him that he should have waited a little longer to give me more of a head start. :) I hate that he can lose the weight so quickly and I seem to struggle.

Anyways here is what he got for me and I actually do like them a lot.
And here is what he got for himself. His brother Greg got these a few weeks ago for his birthday and I think that Dustin really liked them.
And here is a meal from last week that I blame entirely on Jennifer, Letti, and Alicia. All the talk about In and Out drove me crazy. Don't even like the burgers so much, but I had to get those animal style fries. Thanks a lot guys!! (it was well worth it)

5 comments:

Letti said...

Exercising is tough for me too. Once I start I am fine its just starting thats hard. I love in n out too I am going to eating there a lot soon. Thats all amelia talks about is where she wants to eat when she gets here...lol

Anonymous said...

man...i miss in n out and rosa marias. I need a garbage burrito.

good for you on the excersising hun. its hard for me to get motivated also...but once I've done it, i always feel glad I did. these days I just do 20 min. on the elliptical after the kids go to bed. it seems the only time i have uninterupted.

Jennifer said...

All that talk about working out got me pepped up...then you had to throw in the IN-n-OUT picture! Brandon and I are (starting today) getting off sweets and upping the exercising(again).
If we had a swimming pool...working out would be so much better...I am with you on not wanting to work out when it's hot.

Monty and Kristin said...

You crack me up! Yeah, I've been dying to try animal style fries--so, how were they?!

The Rich's said...

I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!!!!! I am having a bear of a time with the morning workouts too...i'm like "hmm.." sleep...workout...sleep..workout.. sad but true 8 out of 10 times i'll choose sleep!! BUt,keep on it!! You look great..i'm a little jealous. And i will count myself lucky that the closest in and out is a four hour drive for me!! Next time i post about food i'll post about Kashi or oatmeal or something *wink*