Thursday, July 10, 2008

the simple things

Today would be considered an average day to most, and it was. But it was an extra nice day for us. I guess it was just the mood of the day. When Dustin got home from work this morning we headed out for a few errands. It was off to his mom's to drop something off for his sister and then it was off to Victoria Gardens. I was excited because this is the new outdoor mall in the area and I had only been there briefly one time before. We went to find the Thomas the train store that Auntie Marci had told us about. Oh, Christian was in heaven! Then we were off to ride the train that was outside while Dustin went to the Apple store. Again, Christian was in heaven and even little Chloe seemed to enjoy it. Then it was off to find the Dip'n Dots ice cream store that I had seen from the freeway the week before. I swear I almost fell out of the car when I saw it! Then it was time to grab some lunch and head home. We rested a little, well the kids did anyways, then I was off to take some last minute pics of a sweet little cutie pie. Those pics will follow soon. The day was nothing special it would seem, but it was a great one for our family. Sometimes it's the simple things!

3 comments:

Letti said...

I love days like that when everything goes smoothly.

Anonymous said...

I love days like that. Mallory and I had one like that the other day. We went to Babies R Us to grab a couple things I needed for this baby, then we went to RC Willey's and bought new bunk beds for the girls, and then I took her to Sonic for dinner. It was a wonderful, simple, mother daughter time. Very special.

Phipps Family said...

Okay Michelle- Where is the dippin' dots ice cream store????