Tuesday, July 1, 2008

a day at the beach

Yesterday was finally Andy and Nikki's turn for pictures with me as they would say. They were so excited so that made me all the more nervous. Andy is Dustin's youngest brother and Nikki is his soon to be wife come next March (in case you didn't know). They wanted to get some pictures at the beach so who could say no to that. Plus I had never been to the beach with my new camera so it should be fun right?!

Well I was a bit nervous because I have heard and read a lot about shooting at the beach and how tricky it can be. With all the shadows and glare from the water. So I thought if we went in the evening it would be better. Well my early riser hubby talked us into early morning instead. The things I do for him! :) We got there about 8am and had good light for our first location. Then it was on to another location and I wasn't so lucky. Of course I didn't know that until I got home and started looking at the pictures on the computer. The sun was already too bright and I had many shadows that I didn't want. Another lesson learned right! Next time we will do it in the evening. :)

I did get some cute shots though so I thought I would share. Thanks again guys for letting me play at the beach with you. It really was a fun day!!

10 comments:

Letti said...

Michelle I still think you got some really good shots. I like the one with him looking at her on the pier and the heart with their feet. Good Job.

Anonymous said...

great job girl!!! you are getting really good!!! what an adorable couple.

Jennifer said...

Michelle! I love these pictures! They are so lucky that they have you to do their photo shoot!!!!

Monty and Kristin said...

I love the pictures!! That was so nice of you!! Cute couple!! You are so good!! Love it

Harshes said...

Great shots! I love the ones of their hands from behind and around her body. I love pics like that! You were creative and in the last 2 posts I see more talent coming out. You are learning great things and taking great pics!

Veronica Peterson said...

The pictures come out really nice. They are awesome!!!

~gina lee said...

very cool michelle.. cute couple....
;)
~g

Andy, Nikki, and Grant said...

Thank you for taking such wonderful pictures. you made even us look good lol :). Thanks again your a awesome photogragher!!

Phipps Family said...

That looks like so much fun! What kind of camera do you have?

The Jacquez's said...

I love the picture of them from behind in black and white holding hands. By the way, this is Shellie, not Katie and Mario.