Sunday, April 13, 2008

bananas...yum

Today Chloe had her first real try at food. Dustin had tried a few weeks ago to give her some rice cereal, but she wasn't having that. Today we tried to give her some bananas and she did okay for her first time. It's always so fun to introduce them to new tastes.
Today was also a very warm day, the mid 90's I think. All I could think of is how much a hate being hot and sweaty and hate the summers here. I'm not looking forward to the next few months!! I do love the things that go along with summer like swimming,flip flops,the beach,etc... I just hate the EXTREME heat that we get here.

I did get my first rose bud that started to open today and that made me smile.

We also have a neighborhood cat that has taken over our new table as his bed. :) That's fine with me as long as he catches some gophers in my yard!!

3 comments:

Veronica Peterson said...

I agree with you-- I don't like the heat here. When its hot the only thing I can think of is how am I going to stay cool.
Chloe's face looks cute eating bananas.

Jennifer said...

I have to laugh at your hate for heat! I've been in Mesa when it got up to 120!!! Now THAT's hot! (one thing I don't miss about the Valley is summer!)I used to think 100 degrees was a "cool" day! Now that I have lived in the mountains for a few years...80 seems hot!
Love your rose bud!
Stay cool! :)

Monty and Kristin said...

Glad Chloe enjoys bananas! don't tell Grampop!:) Love the pictures! Love your rose! What woman doesn't love roses!