Thursday, April 24, 2008

men...so funny

So yesterday I decided that I would venture out to the fabric store with the kids. Oh what fun that was! I wanted to get an idea of prices on fabric because I really want to have some made by my mom in law. After that we ventured over to Target for a new pillow. I have been having severe back pain the last few months and thought that maybe a new pillow would help, that's a whole different issue though. So I looked at the curtains there and found some for a really good price and got them for the dining room. Since I never quite loved the ones that we have on there now.

I decided that I would put them on before Dustin got home from work and see how long it would take him to notice. He surprised me and actually noticed pretty quick. Later he made the comment that they remind him of pajamas. Such a man thing to say. Now all I can think of when I look at them is pajamas. So needless to say they will most likely not be lasting very long and I will go and buy my second choice that I should have went with in the beginning. So funny!

the old curtainsthe new "pajama" curtains
So here are a few prints that I am looking at for the living room. What do you think? Do you like any? I know it's hard to tell from these little swatches especially since they cut most of the pattern off. I will keep looking though.

#1#2#3

3 comments:

Monty and Kristin said...

So funny! Sounds like a comment Monty would give. Our house would look so different if I didn't think about his reaction. So, I like all your picks! I love embroidered stuff, but the first one is really pretty too! I love the third too, but I wonder if that would make the room look too dark since the walls are dark too. I love that color...it almost looks identical to the color I had on our walls in Cheyenne...back when we owned our house? So fun! Keep us informed!

Jennifer said...

I really like your p.j. curtains! Send them to me when you get new ones!!! j/k
I love all the materials you picked...I think #1 is my favorite.
Can't wait to see the finished product!!!

Veronica Peterson said...

I like the third one. Are you going to paint your living room still? If you are what color did you choose.